Pre-heat Oven: 180°C
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 20 pieces
· 100g Macadamias, coarsely chopped
· 150g Unsalted butter
· 150g 70 per cent cocoa dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
· 35g Cocoa powder
· 80ml Boiling water
· 150g White chocolate, coarsely chopped
· 230g Brown sugar
· 40g Almond meal
· 60g Rice flour
· 50g Gluten-free plain flour
· 4 eggs
Berry's of choice [I used raspberries and blueberries]
· Pure icing sugar, to dust
- Pour your Macadamia's into a baking tray and spread them out. Bake in the oven for about 5-10min or until just toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Line a 23xm base squar cake pan with non stick baking paper.
- In a heatprood bowl, combine the butter, cocoa, water and dark chocolate and place over a saucepan of simmering water [making sure that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water]. Stir for about 5-8min or until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. remove from heat.
- To the chocolate, add the macadamias, almond meal, rice flour, plain flour, sugar and white chocolate. Stir well until all ingredients are combined.
- In a bowl, beat your eggs for about 3-5min or until they are thick and pale. Gently fold in half of the eggs into the chocolate mixture until just combined. Repeat with the remaining egg
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan. Scatter the berries over the top of the mixture. You don't want them to be too overcrowded, but you do want to have one in every mouthful.
- Bake for about 25min or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool before dusting with icing sugar and cut into pieces to serve
|Straight from the oven!!!|